Happy Katana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the official forum of Happy Katana.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My Love/Hate Relationship With Monopoly

Go down 
AuthorMessage
HardcoreGamer4Ever
Admin
HardcoreGamer4Ever

My Love/Hate Relationship With Monopoly Empty
PostSubject: My Love/Hate Relationship With Monopoly   My Love/Hate Relationship With Monopoly EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 2:05 pm

Well, I figured I might as well try to generate some activity in the Toys And Games board, so I'm making this topic. I decided not to go with something like "Favorite Action Figures" or "Favorite Board Games" for the first post in the Toys And Games Forum. Instead, I'm going to talk about why I enjoy and despise Monopoly at the same time.

The idea of Monopoly on paper is a great one. If you're anything like me, you've thought about owning your own company at least once. The idea of starting with a small amount of money and becoming successful is perfect for board games. I always have a blast playing Monopoly when I start out. Buying and selling property, passing go and collecting $200, getting all the money from free parking, going to jail, etc. It's just so fun.

However, it drags on. There was a scene in Ren And Stimpy where they were looking for a board game to play, and one of them was called "Monotony." That describes Monopoly perfectly. It is so damn monotonous! It goes on for approximately ten fucking hours! I have rarely, if ever, finished a game. It just gets boring after so long.

How about you? Do you both love and hate Monopoly? Do you enjoy it the whole time playing? Or do you refuse to even play it? Talk about it here!
Back to top Go down
http://happykatana.wordpress.com

My Love/Hate Relationship With Monopoly
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Happy Katana :: Pop Culture :: Toys And Games-
Jump to: